i think one of the factors

[NC] Niick
Joined 06/07/2019
Posts 12,214
08:59 PM 01/12/2022
of new specials not doing very well/low demand is the fact that it has been onsale for so long

ig. 2008 top hat headless spartan

what do yall think

[NC] Niick
Joined 06/07/2019
Posts 12,214
09:00 PM 01/12/2022
also dice head forgot about that one

[MCN] Kalcosin
Joined 07/03/2020
Posts 4,813
09:06 PM 01/12/2022
That is one of the factors however I thinks that the reason new specials are doing bad is #1 Trading is dead #2 People that were willing to spend money on this game and items are gone. #3 They don't look good. People are not gonna trade for or buy items that don't look good.

whack
Joined 17/07/2019
Posts 6,981
11:10 PM 01/12/2022
trading on this website sucks.

spacebuilder attempted to do something in regards to one of the richer traders on the website to further fuck up this economy too, idk if i should openly discuss it though

[NC] Niick
Joined 06/07/2019
Posts 12,214
11:25 PM 01/12/2022
*also what I meant by new specials was onsale items that became special just to clarify lol

[Galax] Vextro
Joined 29/11/2017
Posts 8,526
11:50 PM 01/12/2022
Too many active owners, most dont look that good and are mostly mid, not many new ground breaking series, like basil, cyclops (idk why but people love it), fedoras, tophats, gold themed items, wizard hats. A lot of newer items don't really have a reputation like the older items do

but mostly too many active owners, all the more wanted items have like 10 or less active traders or less of it [usually like 1-2 for bigger items]

[Galax] Vextro
Joined 29/11/2017
Posts 8,526
11:52 PM 01/12/2022
Quote from Vextro , 11:50 PM 01/12/2022
Too many active owners, most dont look that good and are mostly mid, not many new ground breaking series, like basil, cyclops (idk why but people love it), fedoras, tophats, gold themed items, wizard hats. A lot of newer items don't really have a reputation like the older items do

but mostly too many active owners, all the more wanted items have like 10 or less active traders or less of it [usually like 1-2 for bigger items]
This also would explain why every item now-a-days gets hoarded, like almost every item on the site has a hoard, even basil/gold bok have one person owning a few, people just want to inflate rarity as thats one of the main selling points people want which isn't happening with 50+ stock items (50 still do okay, but are mostly mediums and never any bigs)

[Galax] Vextro
Joined 29/11/2017
Posts 8,526
12:20 AM 02/12/2022
Quote from Vextro , 11:52 PM 01/12/2022

This also would explain why every item now-a-days gets hoarded, like almost every item on the site has a hoard, even basil/gold bok have one person owning a few, people just want to inflate rarity as thats one of the main selling points people want which isn't happening with 50+ stock items (50 still do okay, but are mostly mediums and never any bigs)
I think brick hill needs more high demand (good looking) 40-70 stock specials, because most medium items are still heavily out of circulation because no one wants to downgrade into bad low demand items or only for a huge overpay, roblox still has high demand items with thousands of owners (like perfectly legit fedora) so I feel a lot of it comes down to demand but also rarity if it doesnt look super standout

Speedyshocker
Joined 06/11/2020
Posts 511
12:49 AM 02/12/2022
Quote from Vextro , 12:20 AM 02/12/2022

I think brick hill needs more high demand (good looking) 40-70 stock specials, because most medium items are still heavily out of circulation because no one wants to downgrade into bad low demand items or only for a huge overpay, roblox still has high demand items with thousands of owners (like perfectly legit fedora) so I feel a lot of it comes down to demand but also rarity if it doesnt look super standout
I agree, but I also think there should be some good-looking smalls as well, but that's kinda skewed since we have a decent amount of those.

I'm just tired of getting the same downgrades over and over again where I'm overpaying for multiple sheep, haha.

[Galax] Vextro
Joined 29/11/2017
Posts 8,526
01:12 AM 02/12/2022
Quote from Speedyshocker , 12:49 AM 02/12/2022

I agree, but I also think there should be some good-looking smalls as well, but that's kinda skewed since we have a decent amount of those.

I'm just tired of getting the same downgrades over and over again where I'm overpaying for multiple sheep, haha.
Yeah like a ton of good looking items are smalls but just anything with 80-100 stock is just doomed to only be maybe 1k if they're lucky, but like all the 80 stock ones and all that do okay are hoarded a lot or are older and dont have as many active traders

Speedyshocker
Joined 06/11/2020
Posts 511
01:14 AM 02/12/2022
Quote from Vextro , 01:12 AM 02/12/2022
Quote from Speedyshocker , 12:49 AM 02/12/2022

Yeah like a ton of good looking items are smalls but just anything with 80-100 stock is just doomed to only be maybe 1k if they're lucky, but like all the 80 stock ones and all that do okay are hoarded a lot or are older and dont have as many active traders
Yeah, I just wish there were more items to fill the gaps between 1k-10k, because you basically go from 50 buck specials to 1k-10k specials really fast, and a lot of the specials are being overpriced, but I can't complain too much about that, that's in any economy.