Locked Rules to follow on this subforum

yasin
Joined 19/01/2020
Posts 10,858
04:21 PM 31/03/2021
What's piggity poppin' OT? I’d like to let you all know of some changes in policy we will be taking. In the past few months, we have observed a growing rise in threads that don't have any obvious rule breaking, but will be dealt with more harshly in the future. I will be detailing what threads will be, from here on out, classified as rule-breaking. If you’re a forum user, this will likely apply to you, so keep reading!

- Last to reply threads
Often in the context of a giveaway or similar, someone will create a thread that essentially entices users to constantly post in the thread. In the hopes that they will be last to reply and win, these threads often clutter the forums and make their way into the popular topics.

- Roleplays
You will often see RP threads gaining traction on the forums. Some of these roleplays -- such as bed RP -- consistently are inappropriate for the forums. We would like to cut down on this as much as possible.

- Shipping Threads
Let’s face it. The vast majority of us here are teenagers. I get it. However, Brick Hill simply isn’t a romance platform. Lots of people here are made uncomfortable by sexual / romantic remarks made by them, so we will be much harsher as we continue to strive to make this a safe platform for all users.

- @ Threads
These threads are largely unnecessary due to the site’s message feature. If you really need to talk to someone, please privately message them instead of creating an entire post. It helps cut down on clutter a lot.

- Intentional double posting
This is something I've seen take hold in recent days, and although double posting does happen on accident, it's pretty easy to see when it's intentional, and it will be dealt with in those cases.

- Megathreads
I'm putting this here, because although a thread regarding these was pinned in the past, you lot like to make the argument "it's not pinned anymore, therefore i can make megathreads!" Not the case. They're still as spammy as ever, and as annoying as ever.

- Bait and switch threads
Threads titled things such as "User dox" or "Free account" only to have the body completely unrelated to the title not only serves to mislead forum users, but us staff members also take your word for it, resulting in accounts being banned. We have had many accidents on our part because of this, and further continuation of these types of threads will result in a warn / ban for spamming.

- Posts with blank titles or bodies, blank replies
While it may be cool to see who can manage to get on a thread with a blank title, we consider them spam. Threads with blank bodies are also spam as it's usually just used to postfarm, and blank replies are obviously just postfarming.

yasin
Joined 19/01/2020
Posts 10,858
04:22 PM 31/03/2021
-Replies that contribute nothing to the conversation
Replies like "ok cool" "i didn't ask" "why should I care" all fall under postfarming/spam.

-Posts targeting a specific place or residents of said place
While it may just be a joke, it offends some of our users who happen to be from those places.

-"POV" threads
These threads have been around for a while, but haven't had traction like they do now. They are just a disguise for roleplay threads, which aren't allowed. These threads are not allowed for the same reasons.

yasin
Joined 19/01/2020
Posts 10,858
07:04 PM 16/10/2021
-Giving fake personal information or account credentials
Real personal information or password threads can be hard to differentiate from fake ones, especially when users give no indication of a joke and expect moderators to know when they're joking. These threads will not be tolerated and will lead to a termination if posted, because we take account safety and the privacy of our userbase's information very seriously.

yasin
Joined 19/01/2020
Posts 10,858
02:44 AM 31/03/2022
-"Smash or pass" threads
No explanation needed.