where are the brick hill executables?

Podnf
Joined 20/06/2019
Posts 820
09:24 PM 05/12/2019
Quote from blocks , 09:22 PM 05/12/2019
Quote from Podnf , 09:20 PM 05/12/2019
Quote from blocks , 09:18 PM 05/12/2019
Ask for help on the BH discord server, literally nobody here will be able to solve your issue as most of us only use the website

did you mean "most of us only use the discord"?

also i dont like discord anyway so i dont use it

why can't people just use the website?

No I didn't mean "most of us only use the discord" which is why I said "most of us only use the website" instead of playing games - so most people here won't know what to help you with but you'll get help if you ask on the BH discord
well why does nobody play the games?

shouldn't someone here have knowledge about this and use the forums?

Podnf
Joined 20/06/2019
Posts 820
09:55 PM 05/12/2019
UPDATE: i solved it!

here's the solution

it seems the workshop executable has been moved into %appdata%\Brick Hill (or C:\Users[your windows username here]\AppData\Roaming\Brick Hill, if you want the full path).

this folder also contains player.exe and host.exe, as well as many png files for faces, hats, tshirts, shirts and pants. it also contains 3d mesh files for hats in the d3d format. strangely, many of the png files are completely empty, with no data in them at all. even stranger, some of the mesh files for the hats have html in them which displays a 404 page.

i theorize these empty files are for future expansion, but it would be much more efficient to just grab the files off the website when needed. then, these empty dummy files would not be needed. (1/2)

Podnf
Joined 20/06/2019
Posts 820
09:55 PM 05/12/2019
Quote from Podnf , 09:55 PM 05/12/2019
UPDATE: i solved it!

here's the solution

it seems the workshop executable has been moved into %appdata%\Brick Hill (or C:\Users[your windows username here]\AppData\Roaming\Brick Hill, if you want the full path).

this folder also contains player.exe and host.exe, as well as many png files for faces, hats, tshirts, shirts and pants. it also contains 3d mesh files for hats in the d3d format. strangely, many of the png files are completely empty, with no data in them at all. even stranger, some of the mesh files for the hats have html in them which displays a 404 page.

i theorize these empty files are for future expansion, but it would be much more efficient to just grab the files off the website when needed. then, these empty dummy files would not be needed. (1/2)
picture this: a user joins a game wearing some items. the client looks up what files it needs to download based on the ids of the items the user is wearing, downloads them, and also sends that info off to the server to be distributed to every other client so they can download the files required to view the user correctly. when the user leaves, this data could be deleted to save hard drive space or maybe be saved in a cache for a limited amount of time (5 minutes?) so the clients don't have to re-download the information if the user rejoins.

tl;dr: it's in %appdata%\Brick Hill. also there were a lot of empty files in that folder. weird. (2/2)

[doge] Square
Joined 17/08/2017
Posts 52,416
11:13 PM 05/12/2019
Quote from Podnf , 09:20 PM 05/12/2019
Quote from blocks , 09:18 PM 05/12/2019
Ask for help on the BH discord server, literally nobody here will be able to solve your issue as most of us only use the website

did you mean "most of us only use the discord"?

also i dont like discord anyway so i dont use it

why can't people just use the website?
literally nobody helpful is on the site. everybody who can actually help quit the site in general and just sits around on the discord instead

my best solution is to search for it one last time. you may have deleted it

just redownload the client or something

1 2