Did I get Scammed?

[YT] Cycle
Joined 02/07/2018
Posts 9,012
03:46 AM 22/03/2020
I won't be referencing users or threads for privacy since they not have been involved

On a thread, this user said he borrowed wizard hat before but took it off his avatar. I offered him it to borrow and I sent him the trade since he has no specials on his account so he couldn't send for it. His account was oddly empty and seems like an alt? He equipped it on his avatar and went offline but then it disappeared from his inventory (I was refereshing his page when it happened).

He came back online and we talked about it. He said that he checked currency and it said he sold for 500 Bucks despite him not listing it and having received no Bucks in return, only having 16 Bits as he originally did (this is going by his word).

I checked BH Trade to see who had it now since I remembered my original serial (also checked my trade to him just to make sure).

The new account that had it wan't online for 43 minutes prior so idk if this was his main account but Crimson Wizard ended up there, a rich account though both were made in 2019, with the first account looking like an alt imo.

idk if he put up the buy request earlier then made the thread to trick someone (me) and sold it to his main account and scammed me, lying about all of this but I really stuffed up now

[YT] Cycle
Joined 02/07/2018
Posts 9,012
03:48 AM 22/03/2020
I explained the situation to the new owner and offered him to trade it back for smalls since he supposedly bought my Crimson Wizard for 500 Bucks

Idk what's happening but I'm desperate to get it back

Vitality
Joined 16/01/2020
Posts 6,585
04:22 AM 22/03/2020
I’m sorry to hear that. Definitely seems kinda fishy. Hope you figure things out man.

[YT] Cycle
Joined 02/07/2018
Posts 9,012
04:50 AM 22/03/2020
Quote from Vitality , 04:22 AM 22/03/2020
I’m sorry to hear that. Definitely seems kinda fishy. Hope you figure things out man.
Thanks.

[PB] HiBenz
Joined 28/10/2019
Posts 4,111
07:20 AM 22/03/2020
You could email brick-hill support, or try talk to ethos or spacebuilder directly, if you want i'll link their discord handles below

ethoSSS#9090

or

Salmon#3473

[PB] HiBenz
Joined 28/10/2019
Posts 4,111
07:20 AM 22/03/2020
oh and that really sucks to hear, I really hope you recover your specials

[L0L] Zolvd
Joined 21/06/2019
Posts 8,334
08:20 AM 22/03/2020
that sucks, try contacting ethos or space, the guy is just trying to make a cover up story.

[YT] Cycle
Joined 02/07/2018
Posts 9,012
08:51 AM 22/03/2020
Thanks for the advice guys

UPDATE: The new account that got it as I mentioned above was not affiliated with the borrower. I messaged the new account and explained the situation to him, also asking if we could setup a trade back where I'd repay him for Wizard. He got ethos to check that what I was saying was true. We agreed that I'd trade 700 Bucks (cause of tax from 500 when he bought it). He's willing to hold on to it so that I can fortunately. He's pretty chill and were friends now so I'm kinda happy this happened lol

The borrower lied about not selling it. He put it onsale and unfortunately the new account bought it (I forgot to ask but I think it was by a buy request since he was offline when he bought it)

[YT] Cycle
Joined 02/07/2018
Posts 9,012
08:51 AM 22/03/2020
Quote from Cycle , 08:51 AM 22/03/2020

UPDATE: The new account that got it as I mentioned above was not affiliated with the borrower. I messaged the new account and explained the situation to him, also asking if we could setup a trade back where I'd repay him for Wizard. He got ethos to check that what I was saying was true. We agreed that I'd trade 700 Bucks (cause of tax from 500 when he bought it). He's willing to hold on to it so that I can fortunately. He's pretty chill and were friends now so I'm kinda happy this happened lol

The borrower lied about not selling it. He put it onsale and unfortunately the new account bought it (I forgot to ask but I think it was by a buy request since he was offline when he bought it)
But yeah the borrower was a scammer, though not the new account. They have 0 affiliation. The borrower actually has a main account which he referenced on his profile and on the BH Discord earlier this month because he got banned before

I'm busy right now so I'll do it later, but my plan now is to report this and hopefully get Crimson Wizard back to me and the 500 Bucks back to the new account and get the scammer banned

[doge] Square
Joined 17/08/2017
Posts 52,408
11:30 AM 22/03/2020

But yeah the borrower was a scammer, though not the new account. They have 0 affiliation. The borrower actually has a main account which he referenced on his profile and on the BH Discord earlier this month because he got banned before

I'm busy right now so I'll do it later, but my plan now is to report this and hopefully get Crimson Wizard back to me and the 500 Bucks back to the new account and get the scammer banned
It seems bad that you’ve got to refund the other user when you weren’t the ones who sold it.

Ik 500 bucks is prob a drop in the bucket for you but could you try asking mods to refund him for you, because it’s not your fault it was sold?

[YT] Cycle
Joined 02/07/2018
Posts 9,012
01:37 PM 22/03/2020
Quote from Square , 11:30 AM 22/03/2020

It seems bad that you’ve got to refund the other user when you weren’t the ones who sold it.

Ik 500 bucks is prob a drop in the bucket for you but could you try asking mods to refund him for you, because it’s not your fault it was sold?
Yeah, I'm gonna ask the mods on Discord at some point, not today though since school stuffs and whatnot

1 2